Dare to unleash your real beauty onto the world!
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~ Anais Nin
Everyone wants to be pretty. The main reason given for weight loss is to look better. Most of us are convinced that when we lose the weight, we will be happy. The truth is you can look as pretty as a picture and still feel ugly. The most important thing is to feel and be pretty on the inside. Pretty is as pretty does.
Real beauty is a state of mind. When you radiate peace, love, and joy, you become ageless. When you fill up on these, there is no need for liposuction, botox, or face-lifts.
What is real beauty?
Real beauty is when you let the beauty of your soul shine through. Real beauty is mindful. It is living from your center – the calm, clear center of your soul. It is authenticity. Real beauty is a fierce radiance that flows outward to light up the world!
Real beauty enlarges you. It nourishes your soul. Real beauty embraces all of life – the good, bad, and the ugly. It takes the darkness and turns it into the radiant, shining, jewel of truth. It is a force for good!
Toxic beauty shrinks your soul. It is a false promise that never delivers the goods. It always leaves you wanting and seeking more. It is a feeling of never being enough.
Those of us who struggle with food and weight obsessions are driven by feelings of inadequacy. We have looked far and wide for something to fill our inner emptiness. We think if we can just get it right somehow, we will get the love and happiness we are searching for. But the truth is as long as we search for this fulfillment outside of ourselves, we will remain empty. True beauty and happiness are an inside job.
How can you awaken to your real beauty?
Get real! Your life depends upon it. Dare to be authentic. What is real about you is what is beautiful. Beauty is your birthright. It is not something you have to strive for. It is who you are.
Ask yourself some questions:
- What do you find beautiful in the world?
- What moves you?
- What do you find beautiful in others?
- What is beautiful, good, and true in you?
- What do you do better than anyone else in the world? What is your particular genius or gift to the world?
- Are you using your gifts to make a difference in the world? Why not?
- How might you begin to add to the beauty in the world?
- Are you a beauty liberator or a beauty oppressor?
- Do you gossip and tear down other women? Are you critical of other women’s looks? If so, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
When you see an attractive woman, instead of envying her, bless her beauty and then bless your own!
Beauty starts with you. Exercise your power of choice. Claim what is rightfully yours. Your individuality is beautiful. Don’t let anyone take that from you!
How can you start to be a real beauty?
- Practice right speech. Focus on the positive: speak kind words. Don’t gossip.
- Give compliments. Notice what’s right and good about others. Spread a little sunshine!
- Think positive, uplifting thoughts. Practice gratitude.
- Practice random acts of kindness!
- Grow some beauty. Plant a garden.
- Notice the beauty all around you. Stop and smell the roses. Spend some time in nature. The beauty you see in nature exists inside of you. Remember, you too are part of this divine perfection.
- Create beauty. Make something beautiful. Make jewelry, knit, or crochet. Give someone a gift. Cook a lovely meal.
- Put fresh flowers on your desk.
- Paint your rooms beautiful colors.
- Watch and read inspiring stories. Limit the bad news in your life.
- Stop comparing yourself to other women. Limit your time looking at fashion magazines.
- Every day look in the mirror and say, “I love you. You’re enough. You are beautiful!”
- Dream big dreams and pursue them.
- Inspire others by your example.
- Share your knowledge with others.
Real beauty is a choice. You do not have to accept society’s or anyone else’s version of what is beautiful. You are beautiful simply because you are human and you are alive. Life in all its complexity is beautiful.
If you want a beautiful world, you must embody the beauty you are seeking. When you are being beauty, you are walking in beauty.
When you begin to express your true beauty in the world, your obsession with diets and weight will begin to fall away. Permanent weight loss can only be achieved by developing one’s inner beauty. No one ever lost much weight and kept it off by depriving and punishing one’s self.
Part of celebrating one’s self is taking good care of yourself and body. There is nothing more attractive than a person who is radiant and comfortable in their own skin.
Start with yourself, and then beautify the world. Dare to unleash your beauty onto the world!
Remember, beauty is as beauty does.
Be the change.
Awaken to your own beauty. Be buddhaful. You’re worth it!